- Stay calm.
- Immediately call the police (911).
- Call 911 for an ambulance, if necessary.
- Do not move the vehicles, unless it is necessary to insure safety.
- Write down the following information:
- The name, address and phone number of all drivers involved;
- The insurance company, insurance agent, and policy number of all drivers involved;
- Make, model and tag numbers of all cars involved;
- Exact street location of the accident;
- The weather and road surface conditions (such as rain, ice, etc.);
- The characteristics of the road (such as whether the accident happened on a curve, hill, intersection, driveway, etc.);
- Estimate of the length of any skid marks; and
- Name, address and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Give the police all of the information they request, including your insurance card and driver's license.
- Do not state to anyone that the accident was your fault.
- Call all insurance companies promptly to notify them of the accident once you return home.
KEEP THIS IN YOUR VEHICLE
© 1999 Jenkins & Nelson, P.C.